Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    A Mystery Vacation in every sense!

    December 24, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    At the Emperor Lounge enjoying a snack and a drink now....however, we've already had a wild ride! When we opened the next envelope it said check in with Air Vanuatu ... oh, wow, yes sir that's awesome! We are up for that, for sure!

    Not to be, though...Richard's passport doesn't have 6 months left, so, sorry guys you ain't going to Vanuatu today. Now we know how to feel supremely disappointed. Guess we'll thumb a lift home again. Certainly can't afford a bus after losing all that on flights accommodation treats and the like! What a bummer Christmas this is going to be...

    Called Trista our travel broker, who it turns out could well have an actual magic wand hidden away. In the space of an hour (about the same time we took to destroy a box of tissues) Trista has (and remember this is her Christmas Eve too):
    - booked us flights to Port Douglas via Brisbane ...6 month passport validity not needed for oz...
    - booked us into a super apartment resort
    - arranged Christmas lunch and a grocery basket for dinner
    - organised airport to resort transfers
    - set up a way of picking up our apartment key at 1am or whatever it will be
    - kept up a flow of detailed texts and emails to keep us informed

    Just a few hours to wait now...made all the more pleasant in the lovely lounge here, compliments of Trista and Lance. Whew! Couple of bourbon's should help too...

    But no doubt about it, Trista is definitely the travel guru supremo! Thanks so much you guys, we could have been lining up with homeless tomorrow, so so so appreciate everything!!!!
    Read more