Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day Trip - Ronda

    October 19, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Couple of days exploring Spain on our own. Today, we're off to Ronda and taking on our 1st set of trains in a long time. To get there from Malaga, you can either take the bus or the train.

    Ronda's most known for its iconic bridge Puente Nuevo that spans the El Tajo gorge, connecting New Town and Old Town. The beauty of the day is that aside from the bridge, it's a relaxing stroll through the town, taking in what it has to offer without needing to rush.

    From the train station, we walked through new town, checking out the bullfighting arena and a viewpoint overlooking the landscape, before settling into Don Miguel for lunch. This restaurant over looks the gorge and was a nice spot to be as our other choice Tragata wasn't open. I tried their sea bream and it was delicious, giving me energy to trek down part way through the gorge for our bridge photos. You can go further, but given how much we'd hiked so far, we were happy with where we stopped and came back up.

    As a friend of mine headed off to do some shopping, her friend and I set off to sightsee (mostly from the outside) in the Old Town, and part way down the opposite face of the bridge as well. We wanted to see the botanical gardens, but sadly, the heat and fall weather didn't leave much to appreciate, though we did get good photos of the Moorish palace.

    Shortly later, we were back at the train station, this time, our 2nd train was the slow train, and it was late. The wind picked up so we were actually quite cold.

    Back in Malaga, we headed to El Tapeo de Cervantes for some tapas before leaving the city the next day. This was by far, the tastiest meal I'd had on this trip. It was a late one, but we ordered 6 items between us (half raciones) and all was amazing. Duck breast, 2 orders of Argentian steak, baby squid with crunchy black rice, meatballs, a cheese plate and grilled octopus leg! I would definitely recommend and go back =)
    Read more