Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Busan

    May 9, 2023 in South Korea ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    After arriving last night, I'm left with 2 full days in Busan. In hindsight, a 3rd day would've been nice and if I was with a friend, we probably could've also done the luge centre, Museum 1 and Spa World, plus a hike or two, or explored more of Semyeon.

    First things first, breakfast! I hunted down an Egg Drop for breakfast. It was good, but not as good as Isaac Toast. Then off to the bus to visit Haedong Yonggungsa Temple, a temple of the sea. It is as beautiful as the pictures and not too hard to get to. I even lit a candle to make a wish =)

    Next up cafe time! Checking out Cafe Rooftop and Cafe in Busan, both are really cool places but only accessible by bus, so time management did get challenging before walking to Haeundae Beach. This is another neighborhood that's popular to stay in, but I find and agree that Semyeon where I was is more central. From one of the cafes, there's also an option to take a tourist beach train or Sky Capsule to get to the beach, but like a number of things in Korea, best to share the cost with fellow travellers.

    From the beach, I was off to Oryukudo Skywalk. Really making tracks today. There's a hill you can hike up as well for views - or you can take a longer sunrise hike. Pit stop for milmyeon noodles at Samjin Eomuk near Busan Station on a friend's recommendation. Delicious! And I was early enough to avoid the line!

    Tonight I'd booked a night photography tour on Klook. My primary reason for it was a way to see Busan at night, and boy did we from a locals point of view and gaining access to viewpoints we may have never visited on our own. The bonus of this tour with Jesse is that he's also a photographer who'll take your photos and send them to you after.

    Because we went in May, we also lucked out with our last stop, Samgwansa Temple with was lit with thousands of lanterns for the upcoming festival. A stunning sight and he also sent us a photo of the lanterns from above so we could see the pattern it created. This temple stop did make our tour end late but thankfully the drop off was the metro station right by my hotel. For the others, they luckily caught the last train back to their hotels.
    Read more