Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    End of the Day

    August 20, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    One thing was definitely true. Rob was starving and although he’d got something to drink during the day, he hadn’t taken anything to eat because he wasn’t intending to stay. But he did.

    As Rob drove south the weather completely changed and, even though the campsite is only 16 miles from that parking area, all of a sudden there were clear skies and sunshine. The evening meal was at the same place as last night and straight afterwards Rob collected his camera gear and walked to the left of the hotel and bar to the river which, from there, then flows past the camp site. The view was lovely looking along the river to the Cuillin Hills (even though everyone sees them as mountains) with the Moon above them and the fading light of the day. It was midge net time again but it was an enjoyable evening taking photos as the day drew to a close. The photos in this footprint are a hint of what it’s been like.

    Clear skies mean the temperature is cooler this evening and the fly sheet of the tent was quite wet as Rob climbed in to write the blog. It’s amazing being inside a tent on a camp site on Skye but having access to 4G 90mbit broadband. Crazy or what?

    So what will tomorrow bring? It’s difficult to say but the weather forecast isn’t good for the next few days and it may even be raining for breakfast. Hopefully not too hard because Rob remembered he hadn’t brought a waterproof jacket into the tent. Oh well, at least if it’s wet those midges will be grounded. The colder air kept them away at bedtime too.
    Read more