Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Another Hard Day at the Office

    August 22, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    After having breakfast and drinking the essential coffee fix, Rob began sorting himself out for the day. He’d received an email the previous evening about a major server failure in a school so was expecting a call about that at any time. Then the phone rang and for the rest of the morning Rob’s car became the mobile office for Design IT. After a few phone calls and some directed activity in the school, the servers were started again and Rob was able to remotely log-in to the school’s systems using his laptop to check all was okay. All was okay, but you have to be impressed with the technology going on there ... remotely connecting to computer systems in The Midlands from the back seat of a car in a campsite on the Isle of Skye. Be amazed.

    The plan then was to go back to the Quiraing and see if the weather was different to yesterday but as soon as Rob got within view of it he could see the cloud still shrouded the landscape. The decision was made to turn around and go to the other location he’d planned for the day: The Fairy Pools or, to be more accurate, the waterfall cascades in Glen Brittle. Rob had a feeling of what he might find there but the reality was still a bit of a shock.
    Read more