Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Sailing to Kefalonia (Afternoon)

    October 2, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Having upped anchor and motored out from the bay it appeared the wind had almost died away to nothing, so the only option was to continue with engine power.

    The sea conditions were calm and with little breeze, other than that created by the movement if the boat, Tom and Rob decided it was a perfect opportunity to test fly the drone from a moving vessel.

    They decided a good take-off spot was towards the front of the yacht and set-up there, but this turned out not to be such a good idea. The drone didn't cope well with fact that it's take-off spot moved and this confused it completely. It wizzed off towards the rear of the boat, collided simultaneously with Rob and the mast, stopped it's rotors and sulked, which is pretty much what Rob and Tom did as they collected the drone and checked it was okay. It was.

    It turns out that it's really hard to fly a drone from a moving boat so after a bit of analysis it was decided it wasn't a good idea given the chances of it ending up in the sea were quite high. So the rest of the journey was simply chilling out until it was time to prepare Rincewind for her mooring. That went perfectly and with everything in place it was once again time for a G&T. It seems to be a ritual one simply has to do, you know.

    So, still no sunset and not even the slightest evidence of some bloke with an eye patch and parrot. Maybe tomorrow then, Jim lad!
    Read more