Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Calm Seas

    September 27, 2021 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    The first full day, waking to clear skies and sunshine, once it rose above the large hill to the east of our mooring. There were a few things to do before leaving including the morning briefing given by the flotilla leaders who detailed the destination for the day and any potential issues when mooring up that evening. Oh, and breakfast of course as well as shopping for important supplies such as food for lunch snacks and fruit juice to make rum punch. That last bit was the most essential, naturally.

    Then, it was time to leave. Penny is the skipper on this trip, as before, so under her coordination the vessel was made ready, the engine started and the mooring ropes released.

    This was a day of not a little amount of wind, but actually no wind whatsoever so it was engine power all day. The sails were hoisted, Jim Lad, but not for long because they did absolutely nothing.

    We dropped the anchor for lunch at a pleasant location just off a beach where that rum punch came in handy, and swam with an inflatable pineapple for a while. Bet you are so envious - about the inflatable pineapple that is.

    It was then a gentle cruise to our stop for the night - a port we visited last time called Sivota. It was a relaxing stop after a relaxing day, which ended with Penny Rob and Tom taking cocktails at a quiet bar at one end of the port whilst Alan preferred an early night.
    Read more