Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Zion National Park

    June 19, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    After a night in a really flash but cheap casino in North Las Vegas we got on the road to Zion National Park, Zion Canyon just out of Hurricane Utah.

    There are no words to describe this place. We parked the car at Springvale and got onto the park service shuttle bus that drops you at the various hikes.

    We went to stop 9, Temple of Sinawaba and walked up the Riverside hike to the narrows our second stop was a 7 Weeping rock. Both of these locations were just amazing and no photo can do justice to the depth of the canyon and the colours and various structures.
    There are 9 walks in total and we were told that these two are spectacular, but you would need several days to cover the rest of these.

    The saying bigger and better in America really strikes a chord when it comes to their National Parks. I do keep reminding everyone that we have Mt Cootha.

    Now back in Hurricane sitting waiting for laundry to finish. It's still 32 degrees C whilst Brisbane is apparently shivering.

    Bryce Canyon tomorrow. But we again we will go via Zion to take in a different angle from the through road.
    Read more