Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Hobart - Melbourne

    May 10, 2016 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 6 °C

    This is what we woke up to today - snow down to about 600m on Mt Wellington! Looking forward to leaving this weather behind for (hopefully) warmer climes - well maybe not in Ireland but definitely in the US!! Poor Will knows something's up and we'll probably come home to a big hole dug in the garden. His method of protest at being left behind!!
    Aaron met us at the airport, dropped his car at the apartment and we caught the tram into the city to meet Vanessa for lunch. Had no idea where we were going until we walked into - The Press Club!!!!! Who should be sitting at the table next to us but George Calombaris himself? I guess you can do that when you own the restaurant and aren't busy filming MASTERCHEF.
    The food was divine, the wine excellent and the company the absolute best. Truly one of the best meals I've ever eaten & Ron agreed so it must've been good! It ended with coffee and delicious chocolate squares pegged to a mini Hills Hoist!!
    Thank you Aaron & Vanessa for a truly awesome experience and a meal we will never forget.
    Then to Uniqlo to buy down jackets ready for the Irish weather and off to the airport for a very l-o-n-g flight to Dubai.
    First two shots in Hobart, next three some of our food and the last also shows the chocolTe washing on the Hills Hoist.
    Read more