Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Dublin

    May 14, 2016 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Last day at this hotel - really love it here. Off out for a walk to Temple Bar area just to have a look around the other end of town (& no doubt we'll see some people with VERY sore heads there!). Its definitely the livelier (i.e. younger) part of the city. Walked to the GPO and back, had a snack in Marks & Spencer then checked out and caught a taxi to Clontarf Castle Hotel.
    What a sight it was driving up the beautiful tree-lined drive to see the imposing castle at the end. A very classy establishment in a very affluent area. Pretty much every house has a luxury vehicle in the driveway! After checking in we walked to the 'village', about 10-15 minutes away. Apparently there were confirmations on in the town today - lots of little girls in very fancy dresses and some boys in suits going to functions with their families. Had lunch in Picasso, an Italian restaurant which is just across the road from the waterfront. The area has a real 'seaside' feel about it and as the weather has been so nice lots of people were in shorts & summer gear. Just didnt feel like we were still in Dublin.
    Ron went for a look around the grounds and came back beside himself - he got to sit in the driver's seat of a VERY expensive Ferrari belonging to someone in the hotel.
    First two shots are of the hotel, then the road leading up to it, then what looks like it may have been something like a gate-keepers cottage, then our beautiful room and lastly a typical house in the area.
    Read more