Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Boone

    May 28, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    I walked up the hill near the house before breakfast. Ravi Shankar built a spiritual retreat at the top of the hill and apparently they were expecting about 2000 people there so there was a lot of traffic on the road. (We had been invited to go up for singing, dancing etc but politely declined). Everyone is so friendly and waves as they drive past - even got a wave from the Sheriff. After a hearty breakfast we set off for Julian Price National Park and a 4 km hike along a beautiful trail that followed a river. We crossed a wooden bridge at the start of the trail before Norman called us back to see a snake curled up on a rock by the bridge, sunning itself- eek!!! I scared it off by making too much noise, but apparently it was a harmless one anyway. We met the park ranger along the trail and he assured us that he had never seen any poisonous snakes on that trail. It was a glorious day and a beautiful walk, lots of families, some with dogs, were walking the trail.
    Some shots along the trail. Norman looks like quite the paparazzi with all his camera gear and many people we came across commented on it!!
    Read more