Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Washington DC

    June 17, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Beautiful morning this morning so we had breakfast on the deck. The neurosurgeon called and wanted Norman to be admitted to hospital for tests so they dropped us at the airport and then Sue took him straight to the hospital. Hopefully we will find out more concrete information soon.
    We had to take some shoes out of one case as it was 5 pounds over and and they didn't think we would want to pay $100 for the extra weight!! We were well and truly loaded up then and had to check 2 bags at the gate - it's one way of avoiding paying excess baggage fees!!
    Margaret was waiting when we arrived in DC and Mike was parking the car - it was so good to see them both again. They dropped us at the hotel, which is in a very nice, leafy area.
    Went out for a walk, past the Capitol and along the Mall. Had a quick look in the National Gallery before walking back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Walked to Eastern Market with Margaret & Mike and had dinner in Montmatre, a small French bistro. The area is vibrant and lively and full of ethnic restaurants and some beautiful houses. The weather was perfect for walking - a lovely evening.
    First shot is Norman & I before we left Bardstwon.
    Next is the Library of Congress and the next two are of the Capitol.
    Next is an enormous planter outside the Botanic Garden and the last is a house, typical of the area, we passed on the walk to Eastern Market.
    Read more