Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Sentosa Island part 2

    June 15, 2017 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    What an exciting day. Very hot weather, and we both forgot to take hats. No caps, hats to be found on the island, so just had to make do.

    Walked over to the far side of the island to Fort Siloso to check out the war exhibitions. 70 years after the war Fort Siloso is a beloved historical site. It is home to WWII memorabilia including the remains of guns, military structures and tunnels. We began the exploration from the Skywalk along the Heritage Trail to the surrender Chambers. All very interesting.

    After this long walk up and down stairs, we caught a Pink Bus to take us around the island. The beaches were stunning, beautiful clear water, and white sand, looking over the bay towards a hundred ships moored. The area has certainly changed since 1982 when the golf course was the only sight to see on the island. If you had a family you could stay on the island with so many attractions for children to never be bored.

    We caught the Mono rail train back to the mainland, decided to have some lunch and wander back to our hotel. Enough for the day, we sat in our hotel outside garden with a beer and an iced lemon tea, to watch the world go by. Looking forward to tomorrow, a visit to the Singapore Zoo via taxi.
    Read more