Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 77

    Back to Malaga

    November 15, 2015 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    After lunch with Brenda's family we walked off some of the paella as we made our way to the bus station for the return trip to Malaga. The ride today was much less of an adventure than was the trip to Seville and was, in fact, completely uneventful. We arrived in Malaga a little before 7:00 PM and checked in to a little hotel located a stone's throw from the apartment we had rented while we were here previously. We went out for a bite to eat and then turned in early to be prepared for the next leg of our journey.

    Sunday morning we awoke and made our way to the cruise terminal at 11:00 AM. We checked in our luggage and then wandered about the city until it was time to board. We were amazed to find the port was filled with people this Sunday morning. The were dozens of booths lining the waterfront occupied by artisans selling everything from baked goods to jewelry. It looked like they were doing a rousing business.

    We walked back into the historic center and visited the cathedral as Brenda wasn't with me when I went two weeks ago. It was equally impressive the second time around. We then strolled around for a while until we came to a Tapas bar where we stopped for a cool one and some Spanish tortilla.

    With full bellies we made our way back to the cruise terminal and checked in for our eleven day Atlantic crossing.

    ¡Hasta luego Espana!
    Read more