Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2: Still Traveling

    October 18, 2022 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Our flight out of Mexico City got off the ground about forty minutes late at 8:50 PM last night and, after nine hours in the air across two time zones, we landed in Sao Paolo Brazil at 7:45 AM. Normally I have no trouble sleeping on night flights, but I couldn’t seem to get in more than about thirty minutes at a time on this one. While awake I binge-watched the entire first season of “Barry”, the story of a soft-hearted hitman turned aspiring actor, which was very enjoyable.

    No matter how you cut it, nine hours is a long time on a plane, especially when you’re sleep deprived. Right now I’m kinda struggling to stay awake and I hope to sleep through most of the flight as we head back to the western side of South America.
     
    The weather in Vancouver has been beautiful for the last little while, with blue skies and temperatures n the 20’s. Both Mexico City and Sao Paolo saw us arrive under cloudy skies with rain, but things are supposed to improve in Mendoza tomorrow. By the time we get to our accommodations tonight, it’ll be too late to go out and explore the town, but we plan to take full advantage of our first full day there on Wednesday.
     
    We’re going to hit the Visa airport lounge at around 11:00, grab a few snacks and down a couple of drinks. Hopefully, the alcohol will help knock me out for the ride to Mendoza. Zzzzz….  
    Read more