Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Friday

    September 15, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    15th September
    It is a beautiful morning in Montecatini and after breakfast we take a walk around the town. There is an unexpected short shower but it is still warm and it's not long before the sun is back out and it's hotter than ever. We sit at a corner cafe and watch the world go by, people dress very smartly in Montecatini-Terme both in the daytime and the evening, we do some shopping and, of course, have a gelato. The houses and hotels all look stunning, painted in the sienna colours and the shutters are traditionally green. Walking round this morning we came across the hotel where we stayed on our last visit here in 2013. The scrapes on the ceiling of the underground car park are still visible where George got the Navara stuck!! The truck was just too high to get in the car park, fortunately, the hotel manager managed to find us somewhere else to park.
    A lazy day today, although we have been to the laundrette; it has now started raining so we are going to eat in our lovely hotel restaurant tonight.
    We have just had a delicious Italian meal, salad, pasta, steak & potatoes. I couldn't manage a pudding but George had a creme caramel. Then we had some amaretti biscuits with a wine liquor & I had a Grappa in the bar which was delicious but George wasn't keen. La Spezia tomorrow, hope it stops raining.
    Read more