Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Flâner dans Salon-de-Provence

    August 3, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Visiting family, pottering around the village and getting our bearings.

    Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Provence region in France, Salon de Provence is a hidden gem that captures the essence of traditional French charm. Stepping into its cobbled streets, you're transported to a world where history and modernity intertwine seamlessly.

    The town's centerpiece, the stunning Château de l'Empéri, offers panoramic views of the lush landscapes that inspired famous artists like Van Gogh. Wander through its vibrant markets where the fragrant scent of lavender mingles with the aroma of freshly baked croissants. The iconic Fontaine Moussue enchants visitors with its moss-covered fountain, a serene spot to sit and soak in the atmosphere.

    Venture beyond the town's limits to explore olive groves, vineyards, and fields of vibrant lavender. Don't miss the medieval Abbaye de Sainte-Croix, now an art center, where contemporary works juxtapose against ancient architecture.

    Salon de Provence is a sensory journey through time, offering a glimpse into authentic French culture that will leave you enchanted and inspired.
    Read more