Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    The friendliest ship ever

    March 11, 2016 in Oman ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Peter Dimitrov the hotel director came to say hello to the four of us at breakfast yesterday and invited Sheila and I to the afternoon galley tour and brunch.
    Being the highest cruisers Maz and Sue already had their invite, as did the other two pinnacles Steve and Barbara, but as Peter said Maz, Sue, Sheila and I are a group so the invitation was extended to us also.
    We had a great tour of the galley and a brilliant meal after.
    Also as Sheila and I are on the next cruise also, Peter said we'll be invited to an event next week too, he's not sure what his going to do but it will definitely be something off the ship.
    Last trip he took his guests to the Al Bustan, which is the best hotel in Muscat, for afternoon tea, the trip before he took them to the local fish market and they picked their fish and it was brought back to the ship and cooked especially for them.
    Apparently Peter likes to mix things up and do something different for the pinnacles and high point guests, just to show appreciation for their loyalty.
    We've never had anything close to this on other ships, and it's sad that this ship is being sold to Thomson cruises and this brilliant staff is being broken up and going to different ships.
    Because seriously every one of them have been brilliant, from our bar waiters, to Gisleni the concierge, to Andre and Elaine on guest services, to Gordon, bar services manager, to Peter and many
    more I've not named.
    Read more