Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Almost forgot!

    March 14, 2016 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Forgot to mention that all four of us jumped a taxi to Mercato Mall to meet our friends Eric and Doreen who will be joining Sheila and I for the next cruise, Maz and Sue are going home as they have some business to attend to.
    Mercato is one of the smaller malls in Dubai, but is a beautiful mall and a lovely place to have a coffee and people watch.
    After coffee five of us got a taxi to Karama souk that's the place in Dubai that you can buy copy designer gear, anything from T shirts to Rolex watches all genuine copies, lol.
    It's a fun place to shop if you don't mind running the gauntlet of friendly, polite but very, very, persistent guys trying to sell your watches, sunglasses etc.
    The thing that tickles me is that these guys are spaced sometimes inches apart and you say no to the first one immediately the next one is trying to sell you exactly the same stuff, and so on down the line.
    But as long as you don't take it to seriously, it can be good fun.
    I mentioned earlier that only five of us went to Karama, this is because Mazen would rather have red hot needles poked in his eyes than shop there, lol. As I say it's not for everyone.
    Read more