Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Captains Table and me hung over! (again)

    December 19, 2015 in Oman ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    It all started the night before.
    We'd all had another great night in the concierge lounge, and about 9 o'clock there were five of us left just finishing off our drinks and chatting.
    Sheila and I, along with Colin and Julie, and the only pinnacle in the village Reinhold.
    Well Reinhold had a magnum of Moet & Chandon that he'd been given for being the highest cruiser.
    So he says let's get some ice and some glasses and we'll finish the night in style.
    We where about 3/4 finished with the champers when Colin disappears and 10 minutes later returns with another magnum of M&C.
    Well it seemed like a good idea at the time, so we finished this bottle as well.
    Cut a long story short, the next day I have the mother of all hangovers.
    After spending most of the day alternating between drinking water and sleeping.
    About lunch time, I'm planning a quick bite to eat and then a very early night.
    When under the cabin door is pushed an envelope containing an invitation to dinner with the Staff Captain that evening!
    Anyway we had a beautiful meal and great company, but captains table as usual is served the best wine on the ship, and I managed half a bloody glass.!
    Will I ever learn? Probably not. Lol
    Read more