Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Meal with an officer

    December 10, 2015 in Egypt ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Yesterday we had the usual invitation to have a meal with an officer.
    This usually means that you sit on a table for six or so people, and have a set menu meal with wine.
    This is just another of the little perks for being diamond plus.
    This time we were told that it was going to be a buffet style meal, same sort of no arrangement, but no set menu.
    To be honest I didn't really fancy going, what with it just being a buffet which I didn't think would be much good.
    But Sheila wanted to go so we did.
    How wrong was I, it was brilliant, in fact it was probably the best meal with an officer I've ever been to.
    The food was fantastic, the wine flowed, and the two young officers we had on our table where great company.
    It turned out that they were the casino manager and his assistant, and at the end of the meal they made a note of all of our cabin numbers and loaded $5 on each of our sea passes to play the casino slots.
    Now he cynics among us will say that they only did that to entice us to spend money in the casino.
    But I personally think that it was a nice thing to do, and at the same time great PR for the company.
    Btw only our table got that, no one else did.
    Read more