Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Las Vegas NV. Bagged a suite woo hoo!

    November 5, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Well to be honest it's all down to Maz.
    He's been saying all week that the Royal Crown and Anchor society have a deal with MGM for diamond and above members, for complimentary room upgrades.
    So when we got to the hotel, I thought no more about it and just booked in for our standard room on the 21st floor.
    We had to wait for Maz and Sue for about 10 mins, while they appeared to be chatting with the guy booking them in.
    So when they finally came over to us, I said was there a problem with their check in?
    No says Maz with a big grin on his face, I've just got a free upgrade to a suite on the 4th floor.
    So naturally I went back to check in to try my luck, and to cut a long story very short, bingo! We upgraded to a suite on the 4th floor too, all compliments of good old Royal Caribbean!
    As I said, Maz had been banging on about this all week, but none of us really took him on, I thought, yeah, it says that in the leaflet, but try asking for it and it will be a waste of time, the hotel will just make excuses, and say there are no upgrades available. Well how wrong I was, well done Maz, you're a star.
    On this trip up to now, we've had a free meal in the most expensive restaurant on the ship, finally won a progressive quiz, and got a free upgrade to a suite in the hotel.
    Might be time for a little dabble in the casino.
    I'll let you know, lol.
    By the way the hotel is the Monte Carlo, right on the strip, couldn't be better.
    Read more