Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Ride the Duce

    November 8, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    By far the best way to get around Las Vegas, and especially the Strip, is to ride the local bus service called the Duce.
    It runs up and down the strip every 15 minutes with bus stops every quarter mile.
    There is also a strip and downtown express service, the SDX, which runs a slightly different route. There are also cross routes for different parts of Vegas.
    The cost of this brilliant bus service is only $6 for a two hour unlimited ride ticket, $8 for a 24 hour unlimited ride ticket, or $20 for a 3 day unlimited ride ticket.
    To me that represents great value, as walking around Vegas can be very tiring, especially for an old fart like moi.
    There is also the overhead monorail train which is good but a little bit more expensive than the Duce and not near as much fun.
    Oh I forgot to mention the free monorail between the Monte Carlo hotel and the Bellagio hotel.
    Which as I said is free, but the distance you have to walk through the Bellagio when you arrive, to the strip is probably the same as the distance between the two hotels, because don't forget these hotels in Vegas are huge.
    Read more