Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Southampton, I was right!!!

    October 15, 2014 in England ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Well that was the WORST check in I've ever experienced, bar none.
    We arrived as usual at about 11.30am to find literally thousands of people congregated outside the departure lounge, which by the way was closed.
    When they finally did open the doors at about 1.30pm there where no organised queues just a mass of about 3,000 people trying to get in the building.
    We had to sit outside on the cold and bloody rain as I couldn't get near the service desk to get the wheelchair I'd booked for Sheila.
    Then we saw Maz and Sue who were on a consecutive cruise on the oasis and were inside the building.
    They got one of the service staff to let us in, so at least we where out of the cold.
    Paul and Lynn who were with us outside and also needed a wheelchair got in also.
    But it was another two hours before the staff could find wheelchairs for us.
    Anyway we're on board now, I've put in my complaint, so we can sit back and enjoy the cruise.
    There are some big changes to the diamond lounge and concierge lounge going on, and when they're finished it should be a big improvement.
    Read more