Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    The Famous Blue Lagoon

    July 20, 2013 in Iceland ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Well what a fabulous day we had.
    Celebrity Captains Club, arranged a trip to the Blue Lagoon for all the elite members on board, and best of all it was free.
    I checked on the excursions list and this trip was listed at $299!!
    I couldn't imagine Royal giving you that for free lol.
    The lagoon itself is an amazing place, it is a natural lagoon which is geothermically heated.
    Apparently it is so chock full of minerals that bacteria cannot live in it, so it's perfectly safe to bathe in it, in fact it's supposed to be very good if you have any skin complaints.
    The water is one third fresh water and two thirds salt water, and it's like taking a hot Radox bath, also it's only waist deep so safe for everyone, the only thing you should watch is the lagoon bottom which being volcanic, is quite rough.
    You can also use some of the volcanic mud, which they have in containers around the lagoon, as a face pack.
    It's said that it can make you look ten years younger, but I'm afraid it didn't work on me, I only managed to look 8 years younger!! lol.
    It was a fab day out and one I'd recommend to anyone, it's definitely the best thing about coming to Reykjavik.
    Read more