Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Jumeira beach Dubai

    May 22, 2013 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 40 °C

    Well we are now at Maz and Sues apartment, it's fabulous, it over looks the palm at Jumeira beach.
    Both Maz and Sue have been brilliant and are showing us places tourists don't normally see.
    Last night we met up with Egbert and Christiana and Maz took all six of us for a superb Arabic style meal, at the Wafi gourmet which is a wonderful Lebanese restaurant in Wafi mall.
    The food was seriously amazing.
    Maz did all the ordering and we tried all kinds of dishes that we'd have never known about.
    Everything was fantastic, but the lamb cutlets were to die for, I have never had lamb as nice they were superb.
    To top it all Maz paid for everything which was very good of him.
    You could see how proud he was of the Arabic food and his culture, and rightly so.
    This is what pisses me off with people generalising, be it Arabs or Scousers, people are people.
    The majority of Arabs are like Maz, normal people, they are Muslims but not extremists and don't go around blowing people up.
    Just as Scousers are not all thieves and vagabonds but just normal people like everyone else.
    Anyway rant over lol. Oh yes one last thing.....
    The only real problem with Maz is that he's a Manchester United supporter, but then again no one is perfect LMAO ;-)
    After the meal, Maz dropped Egbert and Christiana off at the airport for their flight to Germany, there where lots of sad goodbyes as we'd all had a brilliant time together on the cruise, despite the many problems on the ship.
    Today Maz has got lots of things planned for us from visiting the Palm Jumeira beach to seeing the Sand dunes in the desert.
    And stuff in between one of which will be a visit to Starbucks, he and Sue are both Starbucks addicts lol.
    Then tonight Maz, Sue, Sheila and I are meeting Ken and Denise, and we're all going up the Burj Khalifa, I went up last year and its an amazing sight from the top.
    None of the others have ever been up before, not even Maz. I'll let you know how we go on.
    Read more