Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Last night blues

    June 16, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Usual sad goodbyes to friends old and new.
    As has become the norm I made a couple of new friends on the trip.
    But little "Diamond" Joe made lots and lots of new friends. It seemed like everyone on the ship knew him. We couldn't go anywhere without someone saying hi to him.
    He's been a star the whole trip with his waving at everyone, and also doing he new trick, which is the high five.
    Oh yes we had a nice surprise last night.
    Don't know if I told you, but Sheila and I had a balcony cabin each, all to do with some booking problems, anyway we were only using one of the cabins and the other was spare.
    Sheila and Nic had spoken to some people from Liverpool, who where with a severely disabled sister in an inside cabin, and they were having some problems with space and guest services had said there where no spare cabins on the ship, so Sheila said if they wanted they could use our spare balcony cabin.
    We didn't want any money or anything for it, they could just have it.
    Anyway we got all their details transferred to the new cabin and that was that, or so we thought.
    As last night Jayeon the diamond concierge came over and told us that guest services had issued us with a voucher for 20% off a future cruise for our kindness in letting the other family have our balcony cabin.
    Which I thought was a nice gesture. Also Nic and Joe got a 15% voucher for a future cruise discount, because Joe couldn't use the swimming pool.
    So in the end everyone is happy 😊.
    Read more