Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Good flight, great room

    August 24, 2014 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    The flight lasted 9 hours but was uneventful, and the food and service was excellent.
    We had booked a wheelchair foot Sheila, a last time we flew in out Miami it was horrendous as the walk from the plane to immigration was so long it did her in.
    Well with the wheelchair assistance we sailed through, immigration and customs the girl who was helping us was brilliant, she wizzed all four of us through in well under an hour, and that includes waiting for our luggage, I was going to tip her $5 but she was so good I ended up tipping her $20 and it was well worth it, last time at Miami we took over 2.5 hours, to get through all the immigration rigmarole.
    When we got to the transfers, we realised we had a different transfer company to Maz & Sue, but as they were on their own in their mini bus, the driver let us travel with them, so everything worked out brill.
    The hotel is beautiful and our room overlooks the marina in fact there is a huge luxury yacht parked right outside our room, but being on the 3rd floor it's not blocking out view, and to top it all the lovely girl at reception gave me a coupon for internet in my room for free, the free internet used only in the lobby, do all in all a good start to the trip.
    Read more