Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Drinking in the dark!

    May 10, 2012, Red Sea ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Bruce Springsteen sang about dancing in the dark.
    I wish he'd written Drinking in the dark.
    Because that was what we had to do last night in the Viking Crown lounge, the captain said it was so the pirates could not see us, but with all the other lights on the ship that could be seen and all the other ships in the area with lights blazing, I think it was a waste of time.
    Nobody could see each other, in fact there was a meet the captain and his officers next door in the 19th hole bar for suite guests well we went and that was another waste of time as it seemed even darker in there.
    While I'm in moaning mode, I'll mention the complete refit the ship seems to be having during this cruise, decks are being replaced carpets are being fitted the ship resembles a building site at times.
    We did receive an email before we sailed telling us that 2 shops on the Royal Promenade would be closed for refurbishment but nothing about all this other work.
    I'm afraid Adam (Goldstein RCCL CEO) will be getting quite a few emails from passengers on this cruise, obviously me included....you will be kept informed...lol....
    Read more