Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Malta

    November 13, 2011 in Malta ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Got to Malta yesterday and all six of us decided to take the open top bus tour.....fatal mistake...lol
    I'm blaming Denise because she picked the open top instead of the inside bus....because as she rightly said you can see more and it was a good deal at €10 each.
    What we hadn't bargained for was the driver doing 60mph on the open road which was most of the trip and also we'd not realised it was a 3hr tour.
    Needless to say we were battered by the gale force wind the speed created.
    We were flying past fields and villages so fast it created G force scale winds that made it almost impossible to breathe...lol.
    Also the driver seemed to be searching for all the storm clouds, if you looked left and saw clear blue skies, you could guarantee he'd turn right and chase a big black storm cloud.
    But he failed to get us wet until the last 10 minutes of the tour, when he finally caught the biggest and blackest cloud you've ever seen.
    It then started pouring down, so he promptly stopped so we could all enjoy the freezing cold rain...lol.
    Needless to say most of us had come out dressed for Caribbean style sunshine, even though this was mid November in the Mediterranean. ..
    But all in all it was a good laugh, and as Denise kept reminding us, at €10 for a three hour tour, it was a bargain....lol
    And just to top it all Ken lost his baseball cap somewhere around Rabat...so maybe it wasn't that much of a bargain after all lol.
    Read more