Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 68

    All's well that end's well

    April 10, 2014 in England ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    The other week we saw upgrades to balcony cabins on the Independence ots available for £44 each.
    So we asked Louise, our travel agent to get us the upgrades, which she did.
    After about 2 weeks there was still no confirmation.
    So she got back in touch with Guatemala to find out why.
    They told her that all the balcony upgrades had gone and that they had not confirmed anything with her when she originally contacted them.
    Well, Louise having had problems with them before, had recorded the original phone call where they had confirmed everything.
    So when she told the Guatemala office this, and they apologised, said it was an error on their part and offered is a free upgrade to a large ocean view cabin and $300 obc as compensation.
    OK it's not a balcony, but it's a large cabin in a brilliant position and the $300 makes it $450 obc with the $150 we already had.
    And also it's the transatlantic leg of the trip, so the balcony would not be used that much anyway. We only booked the upgrade because it was cheap.
    The main point of this post is to highlight the incompetence once again of the Guatemala office.
    Anyway as the title says, all's well that ends well.
    Read more