Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 97

    San Juan, Puerto Rico

    May 9, 2014 in Puerto Rico ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    The captain has informed us that we'd be about an hour late getting into San Juan, Puerto Rico, as one of our propellers has developed a fault so we are limping along on 2 out of the three engines.
    He said that the company were flying out someone to repair it.
    Must be a sort of RAC for ships lol.
    We got off in Puerto Rico and went to our little ice-cream parlour for an ice-cream and some free internet.
    Sheila and I found it a couple of years back, and it's brill, the internet is quick and the place is always nice and quiet.
    Everyone else off the ship heads for, Starbucks, Burger King, etc for the internet.
    So those places are packed and the connection is generally maxed out.
    The little ice-cream parlour is perfect and it's only two minutes further on. ( but shush, keep that to ourselves, lol)
    No show in the theatre last night, so nothing to report on the entertainment front.
    After the surprising Crystal Palace vs Liverpool result we are all waiting for tonight's Man City result.
    We'll Maz and I are waiting for it, because to be honest Sheila is feeling ill and a bit suicidal over Liverpool slipping up in the title race.
    But this had definitely been the best run in for years, it's all going right down to the wire.
    If I'm honest Liverpool do deserve to win the title this season, not because of all the sentimentality over Hilsborough, but because of the football they've played all season.
    Although I would normally not want the "red shite" to win the title, this season and because of the anniversary of Hilsborough.
    I wouldn't be too sad if they did. ( there I've said it, but please don't ask me to repeat it. Lol )
    Read more