Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Barcelona, Spain

    August 14, 2016 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Well this is the last morning I'm in my usual place in the diamond lounge, having a coffee ☕ and writing this blog.
    What are my conclusions of the Harmony of the seas?
    Firstly it's a beautiful cruise ship 🚢 with amazing features and dining opportunities, having said that; we only used mainly the Windjammer which was excellent, if a tad small for the size of the ship. Also we had a great meal in Jamie's Italian, and also a great meal in Chops Grill, although our Anna struggled to find something she liked, as she only eats processed meat so real pieces of beef or chicken etc, are out of the question. Although she did say that the Hotdogs in the Windjammer where highly recommended, (processed meat again!)
    The entertainment on board is brilliant, with a great comedy club in a place called the Attic, and in Studio B one of the best ice shows ⛸ I've seen.
    The girls really enjoyed the pools and Perfect Storm water slides, also the dry slide called the Ultimate Abyss, where you plummet 10 stories from top to bottom.
    Officer visibility was good, and we did have a number of officers passing through the lounge, most evenings.
    The only real downside was our inside state room, better known as our state cupboard as it was so small. But I suppose this was not actually the ships fault, but the fault of the future cruise guy who booked it for us, telling us that it was a large family cabin and would easily accommodate the 4 of us.
    The truth is if there where just two of us in there it would have been a struggle, with the small room and tiny wardrobe which was approximately 30" wide and would have been large enough for one person if they where only staying one week and did not bring many clothes.
    The diamond lounge, as I mentioned a few days ago, is beautiful and the concierge Nancy Chu, from the Philippines 🇵🇭 is brilliant, as is her holiday replacement, Mohamed Sayeh from Tunisia 🇹🇳 , who was doing some training with Nancy this week.
    Mohamed will be the diamond concierge on the transatlantic crossing in October this year, so that will be good, as a nice and friendly concierge always makes a difference.
    So the ship, the entertainment, and the facilities get 10 out of 10. But our state cupboard gets a big fat zero.
    Read more