Satellite
Show on map
  • Southampton Port Day 1

    June 25, 2011 in England ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Well, this is the first morning onboard... Last night was a good night met some people, John and Maria, from Liverpool. Also a couple from Cape Town, South Africa, Herman and Marta, all lovely people.
    On Thursday night we stayed at the Etap hotel in Southampton, a very cheap hotel but clean modern and had everything you need.
    Our George turned up he happened to be working nearby. That's if you call an hour away nearby.....lol. It was good to see him and it made Sheila's day.
    Anyway back to the trip, this, as I said, is the first morning, the weather is very misty and it's raining, but nevermind I'm sure it will pick up. The saving grace is New York is hot and sunny so we can look forward to that. That's all, for now, will be back later if something exciting happens....lol. Nearly forgot to tell you this... At the sail away party last night, the actor Alan Cumming was there and our Nic tried to say hello to him, but the ignorant bugger was very standoffish. Gave the impression that he was too good to speak to us mere mortals.
    Gets my goat when these so-called celebrities think they are above everyone else. They choose to be in a profession that puts them in the public eye, so they should at least be civil to their fans. Right, that's it for now, I'll put the soapbox away.....lol.
    Read more