Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Beautiful Koh Kood

    March 31, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    A few days on a lovely beach is always a nice part of a vacation. So, after the hectic pace of Bangkok, we headed for Koh Kood, a small island off the western coast of Thailand (into the Gulf of Thailand). Getting to the island involves quite a bit of traveling — a 4-1/2 hour car drive, followed by a 1-1/2 hour ride on a ferry. At the end of almost an entire day’s journey, we finally approached the island of Koh Kood. As we pulled into the port, we saw an enormous golden buddha on the hill, as well as a temple.

    We were met at the pier by a bus/taxi from the resort where we were staying — High Season. We piled into the taxi with another family, and rode about 30 minutes to our resort. After being escorted to our rooms, we quickly changed into swimsuits, and headed for the pool. Ah . . . Paradise. A gorgeous pool, the beautiful beach and a cold cocktail. What more could we ask for?

    We have spent the last four days at High Seasons. Arie and I slept and read, and laid on the beach. The kids also did some diving. I can’t say that the visit has been perfect — it has rained every single day, and two of the days it rained so much that it made being outside impossible. However, the setting is beautiful, the people are very kind, the buffet breakfast has been delicious and we’ve enjoyed the time that we’ve been able to sit on the beach and relax.

    Tomorrow we return to Bangkok, and on to Cambodia.
    Read more