Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4

    April 5, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌬 79 °F

    Day 3 and 4
    We arrived at the start of the channel for Atchafalya Bay at approximately 4:30 am--and decided to navigate the channel in the dark to make better time. From the start of the channel to Morgan City Public docks was 40NM--so we had a long day of motoring, and fighting current ahead of us.

    Julio decided that he would bail and head home--he has been unable to keep any food in his system and this was the best choice.

    Pat called the Coast Guard for assistance entering the docking area. We had to go under a railroad bridge that was 70ft when raised and needed permission due to a tug boat coming through.

    The docks were very close to the other side of that bride am right before two more bridges that’s we were not able o clear.

    Pat parked the boat brilliantly, as usual, and we tied off.

    As we were approaching the dock an young man was fishing and as he moved his lines he caught a fish!

    Julio had booked his flight and scheduled a ride with Robin, a local woman offering taxi services.

    We walked across the street to a diner and had some burgers, and then Julio left.

    Pat was able to message his doctor who advised him that he may have a slipped disc and needs an MRI to confirm.

    We cleaned up the galley and went to bed early--it had been a long few days!
    Read more