Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 14–16

    Warrumbungles' Wild Symphony

    17 Januari, Australia ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Our hearts thumped with anticipation as we steered our Bus towards Warrumbungle National Park, a rugged wilderness untouched by our footsteps. This was new territory, and the thrill of the unknown crackled in the air.

    Majestic mountains rose to greet us, their peaks brushing the clouds. We paused, awestruck, and unleashed our trusty drone, its rotors slicing through the silence. Suddenly, the drone's alarms shrieked, warning of a feathery foe. Peregrine falcons, those aerial knights, swooped and soared, their silver wings flashing in the sun as they escorted our intruder from their domain.

    Our campsite, nestled within a Dark Sky Park, promised a celestial spectacle, but a brewing storm had other plans. Lightning danced across the canvas of the sky, thunder drumming a primal rhythm on our roof. We surrendered to the downpour, curling up with books, the pitter-patter of rain lulling us into a cozy peace.

    The storm spent its fury, leaving behind a canvas of washed-clean skies. Excitement bubbled as we stepped out at 2 am, cameras poised to capture the celestial ballet above. The universe unveiled its secrets, each star a diamond scattered across the velvet expanse. Then, a streak of pure brilliance blazed across Sal's vision - a shooting star, a brilliant streak that abruptly vanished as if the cosmos had snatched it away, leaving only a lingering echo of light. As if by magic, Anth's lens captured its fleeting beauty.

    Morning's golden fingers painted Split Rock in a rosy glow as we launched our drone once more. But this time, a majestic wedge-tailed eagle, king of the skies, met our mechanical emissary. Respecting its reign, we brought the drone down, humbled by the raw power and grace of this feathered sovereign.

    Warrumbungles, we vow to return in cooler months, to conquer your challenging hikes and bask in the serenity of your starry nights. You've etched yourself onto our souls, a wild symphony of landscapes and creatures that will forever echo in our memories.
    Baca lagi