Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 - Westin Trillium Resort

    August 7, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    They say a change is as good as a rest and today proved that old adage right!

    We checked out of the Prince of Wales Hotel early this morning, leaving behind the timeless elegance and the peace and quiet and headed north to the Blue Mountain Resort in Collingwood and the Westin Trillium Hotel.

    The drive itself was uneventful, but as we ate up the miles it was interesting to watch the landscape change. The greenery went on as far as the eye could see with farmsteads dotted along the way with miles and miles separating neighbours.

    We arrived at the resort at 1pm. Our room wasn’t ready, but it wasn’t a problem as there is plenty to see and do here. We have been given an upgraded suite and the bed is huge! During the winter the resort is used for skiing and winter sports and during the Summer there are plenty of outdoor pursuits to enjoy. For instance, crazy golf, zip wires, their own version of go ape, a luge run, pedalos, mountain bike hire - the list is endless.

    We opted to take the gondola up the slopes and hike the 1.3km back down the mountain. The views from the top were spectacular and we enjoyed the walk after sitting in the car for 3 hours. Afterwards we hit the hot tub and the swimming pool to catch the last of the sun.

    After our showers we headed back out to the village and had a light supper at the Italian (so many restaurants to choose from).
    Read more