Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day 11 Carlton Place

    August 11, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We have now arrived at Sally & Tom’s beautiful house in Carlton Place. It’s been so lovely to catch up with family.

    Last night we went out to dinner in Carlton Place Town with Shirley and Geoff at the Black Tartan Restaurant. Great to catch up. A lovely meal with great company!

    Today saw an easy start to the day. Sally cooked us breakfast - we have eggs laid fresh from their 9 hens kept in the back yard. We went for a wonder in Carlton Place after that and then this afternoon Geoff & Shirley, Phillip & Christine and Kayla, along with her boyfriend Andrew joined us for a lovely meal. Tom cooked a huge piece of beef in the smoker - it was delicious.

    I’ve had my first 50th birthday celebration. Shirley ordered me a beautiful gluten free cake with chocolate filling and a cream frosting – complete with a chocolate inscription. It was totally yummy.

    This evening, we have had a fun evening with Sally and Tom, just sitting and chatting. The whole day has been great.

    We’re off to the cottage tomorrow with Christine for a couple of days. There is no WiFi there and the phone signal isn’t great either, but I will take lots of pics and post them up when we get back to civilisation!
    Read more