Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day 14 - Cottage

    August 14, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Today we had another lazy day at the cottage with another paddle on the lake and a swim.

    The mosquitoes were out to dinner and their favourite restaurant was me! After lunch I had a nap in the cottage to have a break from the sun and a break from being the local food court!

    David stayed out on the dock and had a near-death experience involving a plastic deck chair, two towels and a bikini top! A sudden gust of wind blew said items into the lake and not wanting to lose someone else’s property David jumped into the lake to save them but very soon discovered that you can’t swim if your hands are full. I woke up to the gurgling sounds of David spluttering as his whole life flashed before him. With my sympathetic help (?) and an oar, all the items were safely rescued and after a nice hot shower David was none the worse for wear.

    After so much excitement, we headed back to Carleton Place. In the evening we dropped Sally off to her Dragon Boat practice and headed out for dinner. We had a lovely meal at the Grand Hotel. We sat on the patio and I tried my first Caesar – the Canadian equivalent of a Bloody Mary, but made with Clamato Juice. Not sure which version I enjoy most as they are both yummy!

    Sally and Tom got home a little after us and we spent the rest of the evening chatting in the basement.
    Read more