Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Fresh air, sun and juice

    January 1, 2023 in Tanzania ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    We step into a calm hostel with wide views where we are welcomed by talkative Italians who are volunteering in Zambia. There is also a young guy who took 9 months off from German boredomness in order to ride his bicycle from Nairobi though Uganda, Ruanda and Tanzania also to Zambia.

    Fresh air with mild sun awaits us up here! And no people on the streets due to public holiday. Unfortunately, this also means that most of the common food places are closed. Still, we manage to satisfy our desire adequately and again find fresh juices on the market place. This time they are served in really fancy (and reusable!) glass jars by very friendly ladies who move around with their juice buckets and stop at different corners. Our outstanding favourite juice is hibiscus mixed with mango. Woah, this is pure blissfulness! (Da legst di nieder). At Neema Handcraft Café we are flabbergasted by most probably the fastest, the most efficient and the most precise and professional waiter ever. We could spend the whole day just watching him. Later on, down in the shop, Franziska looses her heart to all the fancy hand-crafted lamps and cosy armchairs. How could we just get such a piece of art back home 😜?
    Read more