Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    And we're off!! Dover to Bruges

    April 1, 2019 in Belgium ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    A quick pit stop before we sail across the channel.

    So after 3 hours of ‘when will we be at Pat’s house?’, we arrive in Broadstairs for an overnight stop with Sarah’s Aunty, Uncle and a quick hello to a cousin then down to Deal for a quick hello to other Aunty, cousins and new baby cousin, Willow...and then it’s straight onto the ferry at Dover, bound for Calais.

    Smooth sailing, kids enjoy the luxurious sofa beds aboard, and we hit the road again to make it to Brugge for dinner.

    Find a great place to stay a few mins from the city, figure out (just) how to add water to the Moho, a quick dinner (pre made spag bol from home) and then hop on the bikes to see Brugges by night. Try to order a German beer, barman looks confused and suggests a Belgian choice, Amelia lucks out with a deluxe ice cream bowl, complete with edible flowers!

    The city is as beautiful as Sarah remembers, the buildings, houses and little canal streets are so unique, we love that everyone seems to bike everywhere and it feels so relaxed. First night out of England is a success...
    Read more