Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 11

    Left Falmouth Foreside, moored at Cliff

    12 Ogos 2018, Amerika Syarikat ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    Around 11 a.m. we cast off from Falmouth and headed east, making our way to the north of Great Diamond Island, then between Long and Peaks Islands, then up the Luckse Sound, approaching the NW side of Cliff Island, and are now moored in that NW corner of its little harbor. About halfway over it started to sprinkle, then rain, and then rain more!! We did see people sailing, but our tack had us heading directly into the wind, so we just motored. We were going to anchor in this little cove, but it was pouring, so we grabbed a mooring and will wait til the rain abates (now it’s raining 🐱 🐱 and 🐶 🐶 ) to set our anchor. Hopefully the mooring owner won’t come back til then...
    I was glad that in Portland I had found a fluorescent yellow slicker that fit me. They don’t seem to make them in women’s sizes, and the men’s small was always too big. Hamilton Marine had an XS that works.

    It’s about 63 degrees or so today, so I am wearing jeans and fleece (but David is still in shorts — that tells you that it’s not that cold). We just finished a game of backgammon (I won!!) (she said modestly) and will be heating up some cocoa momentarily.

    If it clears up the afternoon or tomorrow, we will explore this end of Cliff Island, and then head over to Eagle Island, the site of Adm. Perry’s house, now a national historic site.

    We are booked for Monday and Tuesday at the Dolphin Marina in Potts Harbor (in order to charge our batteries, refill H20, etc). We are hoping to see great blue herons nesting in the trees!!, as Taft’s Guide to the Maine Coast (recommended by Rick and Cheryl) tells us!
    Baca lagi