Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Arrivederci Rome

    September 23, 2018 in Italy ⋅ 26 °C

    Day 21
    We said a sad goodbye to our cute little apartment, Rome and the ‘European tour’ part of our trip, and caught an early morning cab to the airport to head back into the UK- this time a little further than the limits of Manchester airport.

    So what did we think of Rome: Loved the history which is still evident all around in the buildings and the ruins that are hidden in and amongst the city as normal life goes on around it, loved the places we have visited and the people that we have met, loved the beautiful food we have found out of the ‘tourist’ areas. It is a very large city and with that comes noise, litter, lots and lots of people -who are generally so focused on their own agenda that they have little regard for others around them and chaotic traffic- Vietnam was great for teaching the art of just stepping out at a crossing and going for it.

    Would we come back? I think not, it has not been a city that has captured our hearts and perhaps it is not our destiny as we were unable to get close enough to the Trevi fountain to throw in our coins.

    Rome: 66.4 km 92, 638 steps in total
    Read more