Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 80

    Everybody was Muay Thai Fighting…

    March 19, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    Every morning around 6 am I have been waking up to the sound of yelling over at the Muay Thai studio down the road from us. What better way to spend our time …or have the girls spend their time than learning some Muay Thai while we’re here in Thailand!

    I grew up doing judo so while it’s always been really important to me to have that sense of self / with knowing how to protect myself…and I’ve always wanted to have the girls learn to defend themselves as well. However we just haven’t really made that happen yet. So why not start in Thailand.

    One hour of training - it was hot! The coach did not go easy on either of them and they rocked it - again! The cool thing about it was how happy everyone was - it was serious but happy at the same time.

    We head out tomorrow and they’re going to practice for another hour with the same coach before we check out in the AM.

    Otherwise we’ve had fun seeing a different part of Thailand. Girls have continued to do homeschool.We’ve had some crazy cheap massages. And we’ve had some AMAZING Thai food!

    Tomorrow we’re off to Bangkok for the night and then Nepal. We’ll be in Kathmandu for several days, Pokhara for 4-5 days and then a 5 day trek into the Himalayas! Can’t wait!

    See you in the next country!!
    Read more