Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Chiang Mai

    January 17, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We've now started our northern Thailand travels and what a great start. Wow we can't recommend the sleeper train more! It was really fun and so peaceful. They lay the beds for the evening and then wake everyone up at around 6am to put the seats back ready for everyone to depart the train. Its really fun, especially if you have kids!

    The train arrived at 7am. When we arrived in Chiang Mai it was such a relief, we felt we could finally breathe! Chiang Mai is still bustling with cars, scooters and people but feels more pleasant (well still 33 degrees but with a breeze!)

    On day one we decided to just go round all the many many temples and decided to go to a park on the edge of the city where we met a great guy called Vic.

    It was just before sunset and we realised we hadn't actually eaten for over 18 hours. We planned to go to a night market but it wasn't great and was just a tourist trap, so left disappointed and very hungry. We headed back towards our hostel (we were on over 20,000 steps by this point) in hope to find food but just couldn't find anything that grabbed our attention. After quite a bit of googling we found a place near the hostel and for novelty value ate a panang pizza with stir fried veg on the side. Not the best pizza ever but God it felt good!!
    Read more