Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Cameron Highlands - Afternoon Tea

    June 2, 2018 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We definitely belong up in the mountains, but this time it's not for some crazy hikes but for a weekend of luxury, drinking tea, coffee, eating cakes and driving to see views! Just what the doctor ordered. First stop Boh Tea plantation for tea and cake brunch. After 5 months of not driving it was amazing to to be back behind the wheel and be the driver again!! The roads were so nice compared to where Will has been driving on the scooter. Yum yum yum and wow what views! I've never seen a tea plantation. It's so beautiful how they grow on the hillside especially from a glass cafe overlooking the rolling hills. It was so nice to catch up with my brother, we laughed lots. When being away for so long having some sort of normality again is such a relief and feels so good. I can't imagine travelling without him now.

    After Boh we went to the local Butterfly Garden. The butterflies were so tame here and such posers! They were happily flapping for pictures haha They also had various insects including a Rhinoceros Beetle, escaping scorpions (literally escaping from their glass case) and beautiful flowers.

    We then headed for coffee and on the way back we found a Ramadan Bazaar which was beginning to close but were able to grab some yummy mango juice just in time. The mango juice over here is soooooo gooooood!!!! I'm addicted to the sugary, thick, creamy juice.

    Luckily our beautiful apartment was right next to a huuuge night market. But... this market only deep fried vegetables, deep fried chicken, fresh vegetables or strawberry related products... Not ideal for dinner but we grabbed a couple of things for dinner, some beers and had a super chilled evening.
    Read more