Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Being tourists, eating, jazz and lights!

    July 7, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Well as expected as we had such a late night we did indeed have a lie in as we weren't feeling great!

    We have 2 days left to see all the sights so today we are going to attempt to beast out most of them. First stop was Little India to eat Dosa for brunch (it was super yummy), visit the Zoroastrian House (closed...), visit Mustafa Center (oh my god this is a ridiculously sized store selling everything and I mean everything!) and then to eat the famous chicken biriyani at Tekka Centre (portion sizes are ridiculous!).

    It was about 4pm by the time we were done and we decided to visit the UNESCO heritage Botanic Gardens. It was a really nice garden and to top it off they had a jazz performance at 6pm which was great. It made me feel like I was in London in the summer sat in one of the parks watching one of the many free live performances in the parks. Unfortunately we couldn't stay too long as our final stop for the day was to visit the light show at the Gardens by the Bay.

    I didn't know what to expect but they have "super trees" which are towering monuments with alien looking tree tops. They're really pretty at night especially as there was an opera light show that evening which made the trees glow beautifully. Now absolutely shattered we jumped on the MRT tried the famous chicken and rice and popiya at Newton Hawkers Market and went straight to bed ready for our early start in the morning.
    Read more