Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Lukang - In a hunt for temples

    September 30, 2018 in Taiwan ⋅ 🌬 30 °C

    After our attempt at planning yesterday we decided to have a bit more fun and do some more site seeing by going to the village of Lukang around lunchtime. It was quite a small village known for lots of temples. We aren't quite sure if this was a normal Sunday afternoon or if it was a festival but there were hundreds of people in the small village and a couple of small parades that would visit each of the temples.

    While eating oyster omelette (It would have been great if it wasn't swimming in weird slime... Not sure what the slime was...) we were entertained by a small girl singing Let it go in very broken English. It was really cute.

    After wandering the various market stalls and more temples we headed back to the bus stop in the early evening. Unfortunately the bust was full so we were told we had to wait another half an hour. So I stood in the line while Will went to get us a bubble tea. Annoyingly another bus came 10 mins later and Will came 15 mins later with the bubble tea. Another bus soon came and we headed home.

    For dinner we bought some steamed dumplings and cooked a veg noodle soup in the apartment. Taichung has unexpectedly been really fun and has definitely lived up to having amazing food. Next stop Sun Moon Lake tomorrow.
    Read more