Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    "R&R" and Haulien

    October 7, 2018 in Taiwan ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    As expected the home brew mead and beer were ridiculously strong. We were both up all night unable to get any rest and our hostel was particularly noisy last night. We were so restless we both got up at 7:30am and headed down for some breakfast. I went back for a lie down after and then we got on with our day around 10am. Feeling achy and shattered we decided to get some well deserved R&R with Alex. However, as usual our R&R never works out.

    We went in search for the local waterfall. If I'm honest I should stop having high expectations when people say we must visit the waterfalls. First we got completely lost in the baking heat and ended up walking for 1.5 hour and then when we got there it was tiny! It had a small shallow pool of water that we all decided to have a bathe in. It was sooo refreshing after sweating refusly again on our walk there.

    After an hour me and Will headed back to the hostel for a quick shower and just made it in time for our bus to our next destination, Hualien, which is on the east of Taiwan and is where everyone stays to visit the Taroko Gorge. (If you are reading this please can you pray for good weather for us?! Much appreciated!)

    On arrival we checked into our hostel and ate a delicious bowl of wonton and rice noodle soup for dinner. Will was so hungry he ate two! The ladies were all at the front of the restaurant making the wontons as the orders flew in. It was super impressive.

    Finally, we are feeling much better in Taiwan, I think we are starting to get into the swing of things. What a difference being in the countryside has made.
    Read more